Saturday, September 3, 2011

Rachel's Writings from January 1982

I got a tape recorder for Christmas and I got pick-up sticks. Today I waited in the wrong place for my family after Primary and they went home without me. I wondered where they were after everyone left so I went in the bishop’s office and asked him to call them to come and get me. Dad said I was his tithing.
Family Photo 1982
This little article from our family newsletter, Glimpses of Heaven, breaks my heart. Rachel often got lost in the shuffle of a big family. How I would like to hug her tight and tell her that I miss her today, although I may not have noticed her missing on that day. She was remarkably self-possessed and independent. Was that because she had to be or did I not worry about her because she was that way? It worked both ways, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment